Getting started with OfficeHounds Social Media
If you are an existing reseller, please fill out our Reseller New Client Form and Step 1.
If you are a new customer, follow steps 1 and 2 below.
STEP 1 Connect your social media accounts to our social dashboard
When you click the connect buttons, you may be redirected and asked to sign into your social media account. Follow the onscreen instructions and accept all of the permissions. We will ONLY use the access you give us to manage your social media. If you don’t accept all of the permissions, it can cause problems. If you see ‘Social Report’ when you are giving permissions, that is the name of the social dashboard we use. Please also note that we can schedule to both LinkedIn personal profiles and company pages. LinkedIn rules require you to refresh your connection every 60 days. We’ll send you an email reminder.
Instructions to connect Instagram
STEP 1 – Email your Instagram logins to [email protected]
STEP 2 – Add us as an admin to your Facebook business page.
How to give us admin access to your Facebook business page
- Login to Facebook and go to your page
- Click on Settings
- Click on Page Roles on the left
- Under ‘Assign a New Page Role’ type [email protected]
- Change the role from ‘Editor’ to ‘Admin’ and click ‘Add’
- IMPORTANT Please note that the first day or 2 after you give us your Instagram logins, you may receive a notification from Instagram warning you of suspicious activity. This happens because Instagram sees we are trying to login from a new location. If they give you a verification code, please follow the instructions and enter it asap.
That’s it. We should now have access to schedule posts to your Instagram account.
Wondering why Instagram instructions include instructions for Facebook?
Instagram is owned by Facebook, so for us to be able to schedule, we need admin access to your Facebook account.
We also need to make sure your Instagram account has been converted into a business account and that your Facebook business page and Instagram account are linked. Don’t worry. We’ll take care of it for you.
If you don’t have a Facebook business page, only follow Step 1 below.
Instructions to connect Google My Business
We can schedule posts to your Google My Business page!
- Sign in to Google My Business
- On the left, click Users.
- At the top right, click Invite new users .
- Enter [email protected]
- To select the user’s role, click Choose a role Manager.
- Click Invite. Invitees will have the option to accept the invitation and immediately become users.
This page displays all active users, as well as people who have been invited to become users. To cancel pending invitations, click X in the row with the invitation you want to remove.
STEP 2 Setup your monthly payment
Please don’t make your payment until you have all of your social media accounts connected to the dashboard.
After you’ve connected your social accounts and made your payment, you will get a payment receipt from our payment processor. We’ll also send you an invoice for your bookkeeping.
We need 5 business days to prepare your content for the month.
We then give 5 days to check your content and request any changes.
If you want to get started faster, we can shorten the length of time you have to check your content.
Let us know how many days you want to check your content before we get started!